I used to think I’d have more time after summer’s over…didn’t you? Well, of course, a holiday doesn’t help, but it’s the fact ANOTHER holiday is around the corner so we got a start on both:
1) Thanksgiving dinners et al. 3 to be exact, and ALL were the most wonderful memories we could have. But IT IS A LOT of work cooking, preparing, taking, cleaning.
2) YARD cleanup! DRY DAYS….LAST mower ride of the year with the big leaf bagger attached….6 big loads of mulched leaves on a garden, a clean lawn…we’re READY for winter.
3) GO GET the Christmas tree, FRESH cut from FURROW FARMS, our favorite. This year, with Joy, we get two trees, hers set up, and OURS has been up soaking up water for two days now. NOTE: we DID FORGET to saw off the bottom (first time THAT has ever happened to us), so had to remove this 10 ft behemoth once, saw, and put it back up. We’ll decorate it over the next two weeks.
4) Begin consolidating ALL medical receipts, bills, to file claim on the Flex Spending account and get our money back… I hate this.
5) Begin using Murphy’s Oil Soap on wood furniture, English Oil, and prepare it for winter.
6) Yes, watch the London Tennis Match Championships. WHAT a series, eh? ALL the big boys out!
7) Begin Planning for a Christmas Gathering……………………… will there be snow to go along with it?
8) Make sure MAC gets exercise….he got 2 river trips and long swims…..he’ll need more. But at the Columbia River Friday, it was gorgeous, sunny, almost warm.
Whew! I need a nap! No WONDER some people fly away for Christmas and play like it never happened. Not us.